Ok, not a whole score. The compost heap was cleared with the help of my brother, Matt. But I didn't make the compost bins that I had intended to build in this same project. Those bins are small fries in comparison to the dig-out that was done today.
The before pic is the very-overwhelming-overgrown-heap-of-crap that had to be dealt with. But I didn't even remember to take the "before" pic until after moving the kayak, broken wheelbarrow and pool ladder out of the way.
 |
| This is the "before" |
 |
| The extra's from the "before" pic |
The pic with Matt is the "after". He's pounding in the last post for the temporary fence to keep the chihuahua's in the yard. The last picture is the aftermath in the yard. We were just too tired to clean that up and I had to head off to my first night with a running group. Not so scary now!
|

This is "after" |
 |
| Yard "after"-math |
Remaining projects include:Dig out the heap of crap I call a compost pit and build compost barrels
- Build outdoor stairs from 4x4's to connect the upper and lower levels of my yard
- Install a patio made of pavers that I can get for free (also need free gravel and sand for the base)
- Install roll out shelves in two of my lower kitchen cabinets
- Cut 3-4" circles in a wood shelf and hang outside with pots of flowers. (must also paint)
- Build trellis for brother-in-law
- Sew chihuahua pillows
- finish caulking bathroom (Uuugh)
- Install thresholds between floors
- Paint pictures (maybe with friends)
- Paint and build frame for a photo face-cut-out for my party July 30.
- Add floor and roof to the doghouse and paint.
Addendum:

Matt and I got weird rashes from one of the plants. So we had to take a rash break to wash our arms in dish soap and cover them with Benedryl. Our other break was a slug break--we found an awesomely cute slug. We observed him while running slight experiments in his environmental preferences. (This is what happens when two Bio-major siblings do things together.) I didn't get pictures of him but the memories will last forever.
where's the running group related post? how'd it go?
ReplyDeleteoh and how come i didn't know you have a kayak? lucky!
ReplyDeleteWanna go sometime? It's a 2 person kayak. U and richard could borrow it sometime if you want. Running went ok. I think my allergies are affecting my breathing. It wasn't comfortable.
ReplyDelete