Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Roll-Out Shelves

YES!  Another notch on the belt... maybe that's the wrong expression.  But, anyway, I did install the roll-out shelves.  They are awesome.  I can organize like crazy now.  I don't have much to mention about installing them.  I just LOVE them!

OK...I've come down from my new roll-out-shelf-high.  I can talk about the installation now.

I've had the shelf kits for a while and just need the time (and willpower) to install them.  It took a while to get around to it because one of the shelves that needed to come out was built into the cabinet--which turned into an excuse to buy myself a jigsaw ; )  The first time I tried to use it the power was set too high and I almost lost control of it, then I got scared and gave up that day.  That was many moons ago, I have gained new confidence (and apparently new eyes -- I found the power settings on the side and turned it down a couple of notches).  The shelf came out with two cuts, a few pounds from the hammer, and mild cursing.  Installation went well...then...I feel that high coming back just thinking about it...I organized my tupperware onto one of the shelves.


Remaining projects include:
  1. Dig out the heap of crap I call a compost pit and build compost barrels
  2. Build outdoor stairs from 4x4's to connect the upper and lower levels of my yard
  3. Install a patio made of pavers that I can get for free (also need free gravel and sand for the base)
  4. Install roll out shelves in two of my lower kitchen cabinets
  5. Cut 3-4" circles in a wood shelf and hang outside with pots of flowers. (must also paint)
  6. Build trellis for brother-in-law
  7. Sew chihuahua pillows
  8. Finish caulking bathroom (Uuugh)
  9. Install thresholds between floors
  10. Paint pictures (maybe with friends)
  11. Paint and build frame for a photo face-cut-out for my party July 30.
  12. Add floor and roof to the doghouse and paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment